Your source for the stories of health research that matter to you.
Call for Nominations: 2018 Achievement Award
Honour a Leader in Health Research
SHRF's annual Achievement Award honours individuals in Saskatchewan's health research community who inspire us with their drive, leadership, ingenuity and achievement. From basic science discoveries to visionary health policy, these individuals are helping build a vibrant culture of health research and innovation for a stronger Saskatchewan.
Nomination Deadline: October 15, 2018 by 4:30 p.m. (Late or incomplete nominations will not be accepted.)
The Achievement Award celebrates health research success in Saskatchewan by recognizing someone who has distinguished themselves within the health research community and who has demonstrated significant contributions to the health of our province. One award per year will be presented.
The successful recipient is recognized for:
• Health research contributions;
• Research advances; and
• Health research capacity building.
Nomination and Supporting Documents
A minimum of three (3) colleagues, with direct knowledge of the contribution of the nominee, must nominate an individual. Self-nominations as well as the nomination of current SHRF Board members and staff will not be accepted.
To nominate a researcher, please email SHRF at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following supporting documents:
1. A jointly signed letter of no more than three (3) pages from all nominators describing the reasons the nominee is deserving of the SHRF Achievement Award, in particular explaining how he or she:
• exemplifies excellence and achievement in their field;
• has contributed significantly to health research in Saskatchewan. The focus may be on one major achievement or a body of significant work;
• has made research advances related to improved health status, health services or other health-relates innovation; and
• has contributed to a supportive research environment in Saskatchewan by attracting research expertise, providing training and securing infrastructure.
2. Up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) of the nominee. Options: Standard organizational CV or Canadian Common CV.
3. Email from the nominee confirming the acceptance of the nomination.
4. Contact information of all nominators and the nominee including names, affiliation, phone numbers and email addresses.
Selection of the SHRF Achievement Award recipient is determined by a national panel of accomplished health researchers. The recipient will be announced at SHRF’s Santé Awards Evening, December 6, 2018 in Saskatoon. All other nominations will remain confidential.
If you have any questions, email SHRF at email@example.com or call 306-975-1680.
Join us in celebrating Saskatchewan’s health research leaders. Nominate someone deserving today!